Sunday, March 16, 2008

My turn


Oh, wow! I felt so honor that I was actually showing some of the technologies I have learned from this 23 things project.

Well, ...

I showed Olive, my girl friend, each of the steps I was going through. Olive was my only audience. She did not say much, but she is one of the techie terriers who enjoys technology. So, it was easy to show her.

Olive really liked Del.icio.us with no doubt. She got very delighted when she figured out how this online bookmark works as much as I did. This is a major finding from this project. Thank you, Madame FC23things. Isn't it nice that you have your favorites sites or bookmarks wherever you go as long as you have Internet access?

Next thing I showed Olive is Flickr. Oh! This is wonderful. Again, this is somewhat the same as Del.icio.us, in that you don't have to carry your big photo album to show your pictures to your families or friends. You just need Internet access. How clever this thing is!

Then, I showed Olive Google image labeler. Do you suppose that I regret showing her? She just kept on doing it and did not stop. I had a hard time removing her from my PC. We almost had a serious fight because she did not appreciate my advise on tagging words and she said, "This is my game, not yours! I don't need your help!" So, I decided to leave her alone until she got tired playing it. Also, she did not like the fact that I had a higher score than her. Sorry, Olive.

Olive also liked Podcast and YouTube. But, she said she already knew about them, so I didn't have to show her that part. Olive said that she hadn't found an I-Pod that fits to her ears, either. But, she promised me she will keep looking, too.

I am looking forward to showing these technologies to my friends, Goofy and Snoopy.
I am sure they will get a kick out of it.

No comments: