Saturday, March 8, 2008

Wikis


Aloha!

I learned that Wiki is the simplest online database.
Online database!!! That sounds pretty cool.
Also, the definition says, "allows users to freely create and edit Web page content."
All right! I can smell it that is the reason millions of people love to use Wiki.

I looked at the University of Minnesota Library Staff Wiki and the St. Joseph County Public Library's subject guides. Both sites were very good. I can tell that St. Joseph County Public Library's subject guides has just started using Wiki. On the other hand, the University of Minnesota's Library Staff Wiki is very sophisticated.

I will look at Fullerton College Library Staff Wiki as soon as I get the password.
I am looking forward to contributing some information.

Then, I will be back and update this entry.

By the way, do you know that the meaning of Wiki-Wiki in the Hawaiian language is "quick" in English. What a co-incident this is. But, I interpreted it as a quick database.
Well, ... my imagination is not too bad for a dog.

Mahalo!

No comments: