Saturday, February 16, 2008

Book sharing websites


I felt like I was getting intoxicated by reading so many blog sites. There were endless links. I forgot to go to sleep. The Internet is addictive!

By the way, I took a tour and opened an account with LibraryThing while I was eating an apple. To be honest, I was very impressed with it. You can have your own online catalog of your book collection at home. The service provides call numbers and subject headings! Not only that, you can write reviews to share with others.

I looked at Goodreads, Shelfari, and Reader². I thought these sites are very similar in features and purposes. Probably, LibraryThing is the easiest to navigate. Great thing is people who have the same interest can exchange their literary thoughts at the virtual round table. I am sure the participants have lots to say and have a good time.

Another great thing is these are FREE. I am in tears. Oh, my God! It's FREE!
I am so overwhelmed with these generous tools.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say your blog entries are quite entertaining! Isn't Library Thing addicting? When I first discovered the site, I spend an entire evening cataloging my personal collection of books. They were piled all around me as I tried to figure out how I wanted to tag them!